Name: Yogo (former Mirumoto) Chikuma
School: Mirumoto Bushi
Void Points: 3
*Defense 1 (Reflexes) 4k3
*Iaijutsu 3 (Reflexes) 6k3 (+2 for tech)
*Kenjutsu (Katana) 2 (Agility) 5k3
*Lore: shugenja 1 (Intelligence) 4k3
*Lore: Theology 1 (Intelligence) 4k3
*Meditation 1 (Void) 4k3
- Etiquette 3 (Awareness) 6k3
Kyujutsu 1 (Reflexes) 4k3
Jiujitsu 1 (Agility) 4k3
Athletics 1 (Strength) 3k2
Etiquette 3: +3 insight
Iaijutsu 3: Drawing a katana is a free action.
20+5 for light armor = 25 (+4 for duel wielding)
Condition Numerical value
Nicked (5) 22-27
Hurt (15) 34-39
Crippled (40+VP) 46-52
Out (Dying) 52+
Wakizashi, DR of 4k2, Medium, Samurai, Rule: can be thrown
Katana, DR of 5k2, medium, Samurai, Rule: can VP on DR
Yumi, DR of 4k2, large, range 250’, +10TN while on horse
Rank one: Way of the dragon:
-Wielding a katana and wakizashi yields no penaltys and adds your school rank to your armor TN.
-Raise or lower the TN of any spells affecting you by 5.
Rank two: The calm in midst of thunder:
-While in center stance add your kenjutsu rank to all iaijutsu rolls.
Social disadvantage (status 0.0)
Dependent (Ryo age 8)
Driven: Protect and raise Ryo to be better than his father
Status: Gozoku Shinsengumi (Status 3)
Cursed by the realm: Toshigoku (WP test 15 at sight of blood or go mad and break shit.)
Stuff and money
5 koku, Weapons, 20 willow leaf arrows, light armor, clothing, travel pack…
Family: +1 Agility
School: +1 Stamina
Intelligence 3 for 12xp
Willpower 3 for 12xp
Awareness 3 for 12xp
Reflexes 3 for 12xp
Void 3 for 18xp
Ettiquette 3 for 5xp
Kenjutsu 2 for 2xp
Iaijutsu 2 for 2xp
Kyujutsu 1 for 1xp
Jiujitsu 1 for 1xp
Athletics 1 for 1xp
Iaijutsu 3 for 3xp
Perception 3 for 12xp
Status one for 2TUs
Status two for 5TUs (1 failure)
Status three for 4TUs
Used 1/3 family devotion to swap Ryo as hostage for Misen.
Put Ryo in the Shiba Artisans school for 1TU
1. What Clan does your character belong to?
2. What family does your character belong to?
Tansaku, a Yogo vassal family founded in the 2nd centaury to research and possibly cure the yogo curse
3. Is your character a bushi, a shugenja or a courtier?
4. How would others describe your characters appearance?
Tense. Chikuma wears a veil over her lower face which contrasts with her large forehead. Her hair is pulled back into a braid which contrasts with her large forehead. Forehead.
5. What is your character’s main motivation?
To raise her son as best as she can.
6. Who is the one person your character trusts most?
7. What is your character’s greatest strength? Greatest weakness?
She broods to herself and is reluctant to trust others, her independent nature brings forth her flaws in her skill.
8. What does your character think of bushido?
Samurai are nothing without it.
9. What is your character’s own opinion of his clan?
Chikuma was married into the clan a few years back and rather longs for the mountains of home. She dislikes her new relatives and their ways of doing things.
10. Is your character married?
Widowed, with her child Ryo in tow.
11. Does your character have any prejudices?
She sees other swordsmen as rivals and regards them with jealousy as her own skills were cast aside for the sake of her marriage. She holds the traditional resentment for the Kikita.
12. To whom does your character owe the most loyalty?
While she isn’t inclined to show loyalty for anyone she pays due respect to her superiors.
13. What are your character’s favorite (and least favorite) things?
Chikuma likes swords, Ryo and Sushi. She hates hot weather and scorpion plots.
14. Does your character have any recurring mannerisms?
Chikuma right hand stays on the left side of her stomach, clutching it, only inches from her daisho.
15. What about your character’s emotions?
She is more liable to become angry than sad and less inclined to display positive emotions.
16. How would your character handle subordinates improper behavior?
Punish them, a strict leader has no lazy or incompetent underlings.
17. How would your character’s parents describe her?
Driven but largely unkind to others, judgmental.
18. What are your character’s highest ambitions?
To see her son become a fine samurai and become a renowned swordsman herself.
19. How religious is your character?
She adores and worships her ancestors and pays respect to the other parts of rokugan religion.
20. How will your character die?